August 9 is the United Nations International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples.
Did you know that the United Nations declared 2022-2032 the International Decade of Indigenous Languages?
What can you do to celebrate the International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples?
- Check out these resources from the United Nations
- Learn about the City of Saskatoon Indigenous Initiatives
- Discover the History of First Nations and Saskatoon
- Take part in Saskatchewan Indigenous Experiences in and around Saskatoon
- Email email@example.com to initiate and create an in-person or virtual event celebrating indigenous culture or history at the afforestation areas for #NationalForestWeek and #Culture Days in September or for August 9
- Watch the Healing Forests YouTube presentation
- Write your own Treaty Land Acknowledgement and discover more about the indigenous people of Treaty 6 territory.
- Learn how to say the word ‘forest’ in the languages of the nêhiyawak (Cree), nakawē (Saulteaux), and yankton and yanktonai (Nakota) people