Leveraging the National Climate League to Support Local Climate Action
On-line Climate Networking Event
April 1, 2021, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
The National Climate League (NCL) is a comprehensive, multi-indicator report card for cities across Canada. Come to this on-line event to learn more about how to leverage the comparative scores of cities, including Saskatoon and Regina, to help support your cause. NCL tracks a wide range of indicator for cities similar to Saskatoon and Regina, such as tree canopy, bike lanes, energy generation and building codes.
This event is an opportunity to connect with different individual and organization working towards climate action or sustainable development in Saskatoon and Regina. If you are looking for help on a specific project in the coming months, or you are looking for a volunteer with a specific skill set, there will be an “open-mic” session to pitch one-minute ideas and share a bit about your organization at the end of the evening.
To register, please go to: https://forms.gle/AoxtYKEUVK4TyjNj6. If you prefer not to use google docs, a registration form is attached which you can return to this email address. Please feel free to circulate this message to others who might be interested.
Margret Asmuss, Aditi Garg, Linda Moskalyk, Tom Gode, Dianne Rhodes, Carroll Chubb and Julia Adamson
We are a group of individuals who want to promote communication and collaboration between individuals and organizations working on climate action.
Download this pdf form to register
Today, March 22 is March 22 is National Water Day and International Water Day, and tomorrow is March 23 is World Meteorological Day with a 2021 theme of – The ocean, our climate and weather and a day to pay attention to climate change and the changing weather patterns.
or directions as to how to drive to “George Genereux” Urban Regional Park
- For directions on how to drive to Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area
- For more information:
- Blairmore Sector Plan Report; planning for the Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area, George Genereux Urban Regional Park and West Swale and areas around them inside of Saskatoon city limits
- NEW P4G District Official Community Plan
- Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada north of Cedar Villa Road, within city limits, in the furthest south west area of the city. 52° 06′ 106° 45′
- Part SE 23-36-6 – Afforestation Area – 241 Township Road 362-A
- Part SE 23-36-6 – SW Off-Leash Recreation Area (Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area ) – 355 Township Road 362-A
- S ½ 22-36-6 Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area (West of SW OLRA) – 467 Township Road 362-A
- NE 21-36-6 “George Genereux” Afforestation Area – 133 Range Road 3063
- Wikimapia Map: type in Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area
- Google Maps South West Off Leash area location pin at parking lot
- Web page: https://stbarbebaker.wordpress.com
- Where is the Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area? with map
- Where is the George Genereux Urban Regional Park (Afforestation Area)?with map
Facebook Group Page: Users of the George Genereux Urban Regional Park
Facebook: StBarbeBaker Afforestation Area
Facebook for the non profit Charity Friends of the Saskatoon Afforestation Areas Inc. FriendsAreas
Facebook group page : Users of the St Barbe Baker Afforestation Area
Facebook: South West OLRA
Twitter: St Barbe Baker Charity Twitter:FriendsAreas
Please help protect / enhance your afforestation areas, please contact the Friends of the Saskatoon Afforestation Areas Inc. (e-mail / e-transfers )Support the afforestation areas with your donation or membership ($20.00/year). Please donate by paypal using the e-mail friendsafforestation AT gmail.com, or by using e-transfers Please and thank you! Your donation and membership is greatly appreciated. Members e-mail your contact information to be kept up to date! Canada Helps
United Nations Decade on Ecosystem Restoration
- Use the UN Decade’s Visual Identity
- Make it your own
- Spread the word about the UN Decade
- Let’s Bring Back Forests
- Let’s Green Our Cities
“Every bird, every tree, every flower reminds me what a blessing and privilege it is just to be alive.” –Marty Rubin
“A simple act of kindness and compassion towards a single animal may not mean anything to all creatures, but will mean everything to one.”
― Paul Oxton