Earth Day – Climate Change
- “Climate change is happening, ****** are causing it, and I think this is perhaps the most serious environmental issue facing us.” ~Bill Nye
- Afforestation Areas are carbon *****.
- “Millions of acres of rich farm lands are now deserts as the direct result of wholesale destruction of trees and forests…Of the earth’s 30 billion trees, already nine million acres [are replaced by] desert …We submit that if the earth loses a third of its tree cover it will assuredly die. The water ***** will sink beyond recall, and life on this planet will become impossible. It is a deplorable fact that during the past fifty years we have been skinning the earth alive.~Richard St. Barbe Baker.”
- Afforestation and Reforestation are both activities under 2020 United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Kyoto ********.
- Trees absorb carbon dioxide emissions, and release ******.
- “When the trees go, the rain goes, the ******* deteriorates, the water table sinks, the land erodes and desert conditions soon appear.”~Richard St. Barbe Baker
- “The stone is there to water the tree; this is what we call stone mulching or top mulching. The stone draws down the heat and it draws up the heat from below and draws up the ******** and will protect the worm. The worm will come up and down, and enjoy a cool night under the stone in the moisture that is accumulated under the stone. And in the morning the worm goes down again. If you pick up that stone you’ll see two or three worms just underneath, all in the cool and damp. But what is not generally understood is that you can’t have superphosphate and worms. The worms don’t like the superphosphate or any of the chemicals or weed killers and things you put on the crops now, these selective killers. You have to make up your mind whether you’re going to harness the worm or you’re going to work for the chemical merchant.” ~Richard St. Barbe Baker
- “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the ***** of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The trees and vegetation, which cover the land surface of the ***** and delight the eye, are performing vital tasks incumbent upon the vegetable world in nature. Its presence is essential to earth as an organism. It is the first condition of all life; it is the ‘skin’ of the earth, for without it there can be no water, and therefore, no life.” ~Richard St. Barbe Baker
- “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the ***** around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” — Jane Goodall
ALPHABETICAL WORD LISTING AT BOTTOM OF PAGE 😉
April 21-27 is Earth Week! Today is Wednesday, April 22, the 50th birthday of Earth Day. This year’s Earth Day 2020 theme is Climate Action. Celebrate Earth Day with this little puzzle about climate change!
For directions as to how to drive to “George Genereux” Urban Regional Park
For directions on how to drive to Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area
For more information:
Blairmore Sector Plan Report; planning for the Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area, George Genereux Urban Regional Park and West Swale and areas around them inside of Saskatoon city limits
P4G Saskatoon North Partnership for Growth The P4G consists of the Cities of Saskatoon, Warman, and Martensville, the Town of Osler and the Rural Municipality of Corman Park; planning for areas around the afforestation area and West Swale outside of Saskatoon city limits
Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada north of Cedar Villa Road, within city limits, in the furthest south west area of the city. 52° 06′ 106° 45′
Part SE 23-36-6 – Afforestation Area – 241 Township Road 362-A
Part SW 23-36-6 – SW Off-Leash Recreation Area (Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area ) – 355 Township Road 362-A
S ½ 22-36-6 Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area (West of SW OLRA) – 467 Township Road 362-A
NE 21-36-6 “George Genereux” Afforestation Area – 133 Range Road 3063
Wikimapia Map: type in Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area
Google Maps South West Off Leash area location pin at parking lot
Web page: https://stbarbebaker.wordpress.com
Where is the Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area? with map
Where is the George Genereux Urban Regional Park (Afforestation Area)? with map
Facebook Group Page: Users of the George Genereux Urban Regional Park
Facebook group page : Users of the St Barbe Baker Afforestation Area
You Tube Richard St. Barbe Baker Afforestation Area
You Tube George Genereux Urban Regional Park
Please help protect / enhance /commemorate your afforestation areas, please contact the Friends of the Saskatoon Afforestation Areas Inc. (e-mail / e-transfers)
3./ Do Something: ***
ALPHABETICAL WORD LISTING FOR THE WORD SEARCH PUZZLE
10 of 10 words were placed into the puzzle.
“The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” John Muir
Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience. Ralph Waldo Emerson